Personal Electronics Policy
Cell phones, smartphones and other personal electronics (e.g., gaming devices or music players) are considered contraband and use is prohibited on campus.
Parents/guardians please do not contact your child via phone or text during school hours as it will cause a disruption to learning in the classroom. If it is an emergency, call the main office at (808) 305-1289 and in turn our office staff will contact your child.
Please remember the school will not be responsible for lost, misplaced, stolen or damaged cell phones, smartphones or other personal electronics.
All students will adhere to the following while on campus:
- Once arriving on campus, all cell phones or smartphones will be turned off and kept in the student’s bag/backpack or locker.
- At no time shall the cell phone or smartphone be exposed on clothing or bag/backpack (i.e., sticking out of pockets).
- Every classroom and office on campus has a telephone. If a student must make a call, they will need to make arrangements with the teacher.
- All other electronic devices not deemed essential for classroom use shall be turned off and kept in the student’s back/backpack or locker.
- Electronic readers (eReaders) are allowed on campus, but used at the owner’s risk. WiFi access will not be granted for eReaders. The school will not be responsible for any lost, misplaced, stolen, or damaged eReaders.
Use of cell phone or smart phones are allowed after school, only to contact parents/guardians. No gaming or playing of music is allowed.
- First offense: Item will be confiscated and will be returned to student after school. Detention may be assigned.
- Second offense: Item will be confiscated and will be returned only to a parent/guardian. Detention may be assigned.
- Third or more offense: Item will be confiscated, a meeting with parent/guardian, and other progressive disciplinary action under Chapter 19 will be made.