Direct Phone Number: (808) 305-1301
Completing your child's emergency card within the first week of school is requested. The information provided is necessary in the event of an emergency as it will inform the health assistant and/or teacher health and/or medical concerns regarding your child and emergency contacts in the event you are unable to respond. Inform the school immediately should any information on the emergency card change.
Please remember the emergency card does not cover the authorization to store or carry medications at school, a separate Form SH36 must be submitted.
Health Room Referral
If a student should show signs of illness while in school, they will be sent to the Health Room. If there is no School Health Assistant (SHA), the student will be sent to a designated staff member.
- The SHA will conduct a screening for potential illness.
- If the student has symptoms of illness, the SHA will call the student’s parent/legal guardian to pick up the student.
- While waiting to be picked up, the student will be isolated from others in a supervised area.
- If a student has any COVID-like symptoms of illness, he/she may return to school:
- After 10 days after symptoms first appeared AND no fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication AND symptoms improved.
- With a doctor’s note AND no fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication AND symptoms improved.
- With a negative COVID-19 test result AND no fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication AND symptoms improved.
- If a student is sent home due to any illness symptom other than those that are COVID-like, respiratory illness, or influenza, he/she may return to school when symptoms are resolved and he/she has no fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- The SHA will send a note home with the student which conveys the recommendations above.
Procedures for Student Release
- A student will be released to only a parent/legal guardian listed on the emergency card.
- If the parent/legal guardian is unable to pick up the student, the parent/legal guardian can authorize another emergency contact (i.e., a family member or friend) to pick-up.
- Parent/legal guardian or authorized emergency contact must present a picture ID.
- Upon pick-up, complete the sign out sheet and take a student pass.
Page Updated: 11/18/2020