Direct Phone Number: (808) 305-1301
Completing your child's emergency card within the first week of school is requested. The information provided is necessary in the event of an emergency as it will inform the health assistant and/or teacher health and/or medical concerns regarding your child and emergency contacts in the event you are unable to respond. Inform the school immediately should any information on the emergency card change.
Please remember the emergency card does not cover the authorization to store or carry medications at school, a separate Form SH36 must be submitted.
Health Room Referral
If a student should show signs of illness while in school, they will be sent to the health room for an evaluation.
- Students who are ill will be sent home.
- Students will wait in a supervised isolation area outside of the office to be picked-up.
- Any student sent home shall remain home until symptom-free for 72 hours without the use of medication.
Procedures for Student Release from the Health Room
- The Health Room is located in the Administration Building - enter the front office and inform the office staff that you have a child (first and last name) to pick-up.
- A student will be released to only a parent/guardian listed on the emergency card.
- If the parent/guardian is unable to pick up the student, the parent/guardian can authorize another emergency contact (i.e., a family member or friend) to pick-up.
- Parent/guardian or authorized emergency contact must present a picture ID.
- Upon pick-up, complete the sign out sheet and take a student pass.