- I graduated from Punahou School. Go Puns!
- I went on to receive my Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism from the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- After a career in Public Relations with an advertising agency, I decided that the fast-paced, deadline-filled lifestyle was not for me.
- After returning to school to obtain my Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Secondary Education from the University of Hawaii at Manoa, I began teaching Language Arts at Moanalua Middle School in 2004.
- My husband and I are the proud parents of two fun-loving children. Our eldest furry son Oscar passed away in 2017 at the ripe old age of 16!
- In my free time, I of course love to READ, and I love many of the young adult novels my students enjoy reading.
- I am also a jewelry designer and an artsy crafter.
- Our family loves to go to the beach, golf course, and the park and just enjoy the simple things in life, like sun, surf, and sand.
- I am also a great shopper and there is nothing better than a bargain! I look forward to learning alongside your child this school year!